We recognise the importance of safeguarding your personal information. This policy explains why and how we collect and use your personal information via our dividend portal, this Website and more generally.
In this policy:
- "we" or "our" refers to Entrust.
- "Website" means this website only and does not include any websites operated by parties other than Vector group companies, even if such websites are linked to or from this website.
- "you" means you, the person to whom we provide our services (including as one of our beneficiaries), or who visits our Website.
Collection and use of personal information
We collect and use personal information for the following purposes and only those purposes:
- To answer any questions, you may have when you contact us via our dividend portal, this Website or other channels, and to provide you with services that you request;
- To contact beneficiaries of Entrust to let them know about important issues that directly affect them as beneficiaries and users of power in the Auckland region;
- To contact beneficiaries of Entrust if we consider it necessary to do so under the Entrust Trust Deed;
- To enable beneficiaries of Entrust to be recorded properly on the roll of voters and to vote in the triennial election of trustees of Entrust;
- To enable beneficiaries of Entrust to be properly recorded on our dividend register and to act on their instructions so that we can pay dividends to them;
- To improve the experience of people who visit our Website by collecting and analysing statistics about their usage (using cookies – see below).
The contracted agents that we currently use and who may hold beneficiary personal information on Entrust's behalf are:
|ASB Bank, Auckland|
|Link Market Services Limited, Auckland|
|Solution Dynamics, Auckland|
We have contracts with our contracted agents that require them to:
- keep beneficiary personal information secure and use it only for the above purposes and not for any purposes of their own.
- notify us immediately if they suffer a privacy breach so that we can assess whether we need to notify beneficiaries and the Privacy Commissioner under the Privacy Act 2020.
Other personal information that is provided to us will be collected and held by us at 110 Carlton Gore Road, Newmarket, Auckland, New Zealand.
Under the Privacy Act 2020 you have rights of access to and can request correction of personal information that we hold or that our contracted agents hold on our behalf. We offer the ability to request correction of that information at any time and as often as necessary.
Disclosure and further use
Other than disclosure to and between Entrust, our contracted agents, and Vector Limited, for the above purposes, we do not disclose your personal information to anyone else or use it for any other purpose. The only exceptions to this are:
- Where we are required, or reasonably consider it necessary, to disclose your personal information to law enforcement or other authorities having jurisdiction. We will only do this where we are compelled by law to do so or have received sufficient evidence to justify disclosure under the Privacy Act 2020;
- Where we need to take any steps in respect of fraud or other illegality, or infringement of the rights of Entrust, any Entrust beneficiary or anyone else, or to prevent or remedy damage or harm to the systems, personnel or property of Entrust, any Entrust beneficiary or anyone else;
- For the other purposes allowed under the Privacy Act 2020 (e.g., where we reasonably believe use or disclosure is necessary to prevent a serious threat to public health or public safety).
This Website uses "cookies". Cookies are files that collect certain details of website users and store that information. The cookie will then remember the preferences of website users so as to make the website more user-friendly the next time that user visits the website. We may use a cookie file containing information that can identify the computer you are working from. The cookie file is anonymous as it only gives us details of your IP address, device operating system, browser and domain name (whether you are accessing the site from New Zealand or elsewhere). We may use the information generated by "cookies" to track traffic patterns to and from our site including information like the pages you visit, the time you spend on each page, the date and time of your visit, and referring pages (pages you came from or go to).
Change Of Policy
Entrust may vary these terms and conditions from time to time. We will notify these changes on this Website. This policy was last updated on 23 June 2023.
If you have any questions about this policy or how we deal with your personal information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.